View Single Post
Old 13-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
keithman
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Can anyone supply me with Java tutorials? Soem friends and I are really wantign to learn Java script, cause we've found out the AutoIt language is limited :E

Basically, I need tutorials, stating from the simple, to the complex, in the order, i need to know the functions and so on.

My project, is recreating Balance of Power 1990, then showing off to Chris Crawford, but to do that, I. Need. TO KNOW. Java. Dot.

Any help?
Hi do you want to learn JAVA or Java Script - they are two different languages.

Java Script is strictly browser based client side scripting and requires no down loads from SUN.

JAVA on the other hand is a FULL blown computer languange and can be used on the server side, the client side - as an applet or as a stand alone application.

If you want to make a game I suggest you use php on the server side and javascript on the client side.
PHP is a great rapid development languange and JAVA is not for rapid development.

Good luck on your project!

If u need help from an experienced and qualified programmer I might be able to assist you - (I am sun certified java programmer and have a college degree in computer science)

If you contact me thru my website on my sig I will get back to u...

cheers,

keithman
http://www.baseshipcommand.com
(Can u take command?)
keithman is offline                         Send a private message to keithman