Thread: Rollcage
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #32
Maxaxle

Okay, so I'm having a *slight* problem with the game (Direct3D version). The game works fine on my old laptop, but the graphics go crazy if I run it on my much newer computer.

Newer computer:
-WinXP with latest updates
-Newer dual-core processor (nothing impressive but hardly slow)
-4? 8? GB of RAM
-NOT using any emulators; Glide version works perfectly when I use nGlide but the Direct3D version's graphics go haywire, and the menu screens flicker. Using winThrottle has zero effect.

Laptop:
-WinXP with latest updates
-Pentium 4 processor
-512? MB of RAM
-NOT using any emulators; Glide version works at a decent framerate but with some mild gameplay lag, and the Direct3D version works perfectly.

Normally I'd be happy with the game as-is, but the Direct3D version seems prettier (or at least the shields are), and the Glide version restricts access to Championship mode for some reason (copy protection measure?).

EDIT: I also seem to be incapable of playing a game between the two computers, even though they're both behind the same router and use 192.168.1.XXX IP addresses. Connecting both to, say, 192.168.1.001, and setting up one as the server and the other as the client doesn't allow the client to find the server.

Last edited by Maxaxle; 21-02-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Maxaxle is offline                         Send a private message to Maxaxle