View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
DOS dinosaur
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, same here. A few favorites for various types of games would be a bit easier...

Shooters... Doom I/II were always favorites, but I also like QII (because you can play regular game levels with teams, or play CTF against bots) and TFC (because you can be different characters). For some reason I always found QI somewhat annoying, and there's only a few maps in QIII that I like. Am probably just weird though...

Racing... NFSIII because we have lots of different cars and you can easily mod their specs (it also runs well on the two slower comps on our LAN).

Military strategy... C&C (RED ALERT) and Warcraft II (BNE), although I'd choose Warcraft of the two because I like the graphics, gameplay, and medieval setting.

Board games... Battle Chess. I know it's old and the animations are cheesy, but I prefer playing it (in 2D) because I can see computer moves as they're made, rather than having to figure out what's changed if I blinked when the computer zapped a move (as in the newer games).

And lately I'm having a blast with High Seas Trader, although I don't know how it will eventually rate among "best games" yet...

"At game's end, king and pawn go in the same box."
DOS dinosaur is offline                         Send a private message to DOS dinosaur