View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #86
MrDeadly
Game freak

I've just finished Plague of the Moon using a walkthrough. I have to say that I was disappointed with the game. The controls are broken, your character gets stuck all over the place - at one time she ended up walking straight up into the air! Some text just jump past you and the music is mostly crap. Of course, in true hollywood fashion, the vengeful-daughter-of-a-witch character you play turn out not to be her real daughter but a regular girl who then teams up with the forces of the church to fight the devil, which I feel ruined a cool concept (how often do you get to play evil in an adventure game?). The game had this great potential and scenario but it's all flushed down the toilet..
Also, you have to walk around and wait for night to turn to day and vice versa many times during the game. This works in some games but not in this one simply because there's nothing to do while waiting other then walking back and forth. It get's annoying, and downright boring.

I did play the shareware version, so the full version might not have the bugs I speak of. It also may be more fun because of its sound effects and voices. However, that doesn't help the all-to-familiar story and crappy music :notrust:. This game is certainly not worth 15$, not now, not ever.

Last edited by MrDeadly; 05-02-2009 at 12:31 AM.
MrDeadly is offline                         Send a private message to MrDeadly