View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #5
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

On second thought, I believe there is one more culprit in this case... Fraps!

In the past, I contacted Fraps Staff to show System Requirements before I bought it.

They ended up adding such System Requirements. And, apparently and unfortunately, Fraps is not 100% compatible with Windows 10.

There are other programs that although they are old, are still “compatible” and do not even cause apparent problems in Windows 10. *phew* *whew*

Ugh! Well, I will not redo the test to see if Fraps and PDF XChange PDF Viewer can actually cause problems with Windows 10.
After all the problems mentioned above, I decided to install, after several years, the freeware Ashampoo StartUp Tuner or even the Ashampoo WinOptimizer FREE. Although old, it (they) works fine in Windows 10 although it does not list some Windows Services (System Startup). We can do nothing about it... *shrug*

Well, there are well known competitors such as iolo System Mechanic Pro and the defunct TuneUp Utilities (now AVG TuneUp). I think they are very expensive for what they offer... $$$$$ I do not know if they are worth buying the licenses and how many licenses (???) are included in the stratospheric prices! $$$$$