Thread: Hobbit, The
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

One of the best text adventure games ever. Probably my personal favorite. It helped me with my writing, vocabulary, and memorization when I was a very little. I never would've been able to win it if I didn't have the hint book though. The text parser is very good and the game understands lots of complex commands, and the way the game plays out each time can be pretty random, so much so that it's possible to get stuck and lose the game. I highly recommend the C64 version. Better graphics and sound. It's tricky to run though unless you have experience with Commodore 64 emulators. I think it only runs with True 1541 emulation on.

I have the clue book for it lying around somewhere. It's probably not in good condition though. In fact, I think it might have cat puke on it since our cats loved to puke on all of my boxes, books, and manuals when everything was kept in the basement. Either way, I have no clue where it is. Haha... no clue where the clue book is. I'll pretend that pun was intended.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127