View Single Post
Old 23-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #549
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnp View Post
Would it please be possible to prioritize the checking for the following 3 games that have been a problem multiple times over the years in the screenshot quiz:
7th Legion
1000 Miglia
Aces of the Pacific

Or maybe these 3 games can be removed from quiz until they can be fixed.
It seems, I wasn't clear enough. Sorry then. Ok, I'll elaborate more.

I haven't access to the database directly. I even haven't access to some admin functions on the user level - for example, I cannot search for the any game in the base for all its entries (except obvious, language-dependant search, that is main functionality, but exactly there everything look all right). I _can_ search for any game and edit it, but in fact base gives me only one, seemingly random selected entry if game have several. For example, named Aces of the Pacific I checked yesterday - and admin search always returns Portugal version. *sigh*

So I had to use backdoors and indirect fixes. For example, named "Translation" names can be fixed by entering to edit mode of the correspondent translated entry and saving it. But all three games named by you haven't anything suspicious in the linked translations (there still can be more unlinked, theoretically speaking, that I still didn't access).

But as you can see, all of them shares the one interesting property: they are relatively new on site (20 000+ name entry number) and names are at the start of alphabet. On the other hand, there are also others that share the same property - both 007 games, for example, - so maybe it's only coincidence.

Base in the awful state under the hood anyway. For example, every translated entry have "state" field (that can be "none, in translation, finished") - but it's cannot be accessed through main interface long ago, so 90% of translated games actually have "In progress" state. I hate long-standing bug that false connecting English and translated bases of tags, so in result after correcting English entry all connected translated entries lost their tags. (And my initial efforts on site was to sort out tag system in hope to this bug auto-fixed... well, didn't work. :/

So - I'll keep trying, but do not hold your breath too much.