Thread: Free Webhosting
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
James_gg
Lurker

I sent you an email regarding this issue once I became aware of it.

In the interest of making sure you get the information I'll re-post it here.

*paste*
It's been brought to my attention that you have been having trouble setting up Joomla. Asking your question on the forum or useing the
'contact us' link would have been a good idea. I'm not really able
to help you if I don't know you are having a problem.

I administer GaltGroup by myself, I've written most everything from scratch and that takes a long time. It would be appreciated if you
can provide feedback to us in the future. In order to improve the
service we require input from users such as yourself, rather than
posting it on some other forum where I'm unlikely to see it.

If you have activated MySQL:
Your MySQL user name and password are the same as the user name and password you signed up with. Your database name is the same as your user name.

Database Type: mysql
Host Name: localhost
Username: ounico
Password: ******** (this is whatever you used for your password)
Database Name: ounico

I hope this provides enough information to finish the setup process. If
you require additional information, don't hesitate to ask.

Also, I just noticed the characters are not appearing correctly for you.
Make sure your browser is set to display character encoding UTF-8.

In Firefox you can do this by going to the file menu:
View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode(UTF-8)

In Internet Explorer:

That should clear it up.
View -> Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8)
*paste ends*

Also, I added this information to the 'Settings' page you can view from the left-hand after you log in.

Finally, GaltGroup is a small provider, I do most of the work myself and often I am focused elsewhere. We rely on feedback from our users to improve the service, if you don't let us know you have a problem, it's unlikely that you will have your issue resolved in a timely manner.

In the future please use the 'contact us' form, the community forum, or the chat room to get help with any issues your are experiencing. Using one or all of these methods should result in the matter receiving attention. The chat room is manned on a voluntary basis, so if no one is around to give you real time help, the other options are still open.

Help us to become better, rather than being silent and going elsewhere to complain. What seems amateurish to you took many, many hours to program.

GaltGroup was born because it was something I wanted to learn to do from scratch. So most everything aside from the server programs themselves were custom written from scratch, we didn't just use the same canned solution everyone else uses. It's a labor of love, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

That was wordier than I anticipated, but I hope this helps you out.
James_gg is offline                         Send a private message to James_gg