View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomekk View Post
Just... no. The Cube games are basically an engine with textures and models randomly slapped together into barely playable maps to showcase it's capability, last time I checked. <.<
Okay, in fact I didn't know which game to designate as the closest original thing, Unreal or Quake, and chose Unreal for its tendency to have more spacious open areas, as well as a certain similarity in visuals.

As for your personal opinion about Cube, I find the games very playable. They don't always have perfect models or level design, but it's an overall quite an enjoyable experience nevertheless IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Another Scorch alternative: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/
Yep, I think I've heard about that one but somehow forgot it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
On the other hand, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project had 3D (vector) graphics, while retaining 2D platformer gameplay. I loved it!
Oh yes, DNMP is a great game in this respect. I've never been a fan of the true 3D transition of an established pre-3D series (couldn't come to terms with Mortal Kombat 4 being full 3D for example), but DNMP is undoubtedly an excellent continuation of the series and a worthy successor of both the original platform games and Duke3D.