View Single Post
Old 23-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #36
Nyerguds
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Yeah, it's probably the opposite
Thought so. It's probably not that special for patches or rereleases/ports to contain small new extras like that.

Quote:
This is, indeed, a very interesting sum-up of pre-release features of C&C (worthy of a separate thread, no less )
Well, the page sums up everything I think. Don't know if there's much to discuss about it

Quote:
but, even though the topic has grown a lot, listing various stuff from demos to pre-release and console versions of different games, the original idea was to include things that are actually available to the public (so that people can, if they want to, get the source material and, if possible, extract said extra content).
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't exactly sure about that, hence why I posted it.

Quote:
Of course, some pre-release sprites can be obtained from screenshots (like the ConYard with the Nod logo, or the Nod logo on the Hand of Nod, which you brought back in your patch ), but it's not exactly the same as getting the original sprite in SHP format, right?
Well, seeing as some of these pics are in GIF format, in the original beta game's colour palette (which, oddly enough, is different from the final one), it comes pretty close

Quote:
Oh, BTW, do you remember that there was a "Negative!" unit response in C&C, which is only found in the C&C95 Windows Theme Pack?
Haha, yes! But in the end they chose to make clicks on impassable terrain move units as close as possible rather than let them downright refuse. I guess that that is why it's not used

Quote:
I've added info about the C&C Demo CD you found, and the RA1 demo, to the first post (among other things).
Nice, thanks
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds