View Single Post
Old 23-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #26
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Feb 23 2005, 04:39 PM
Well, I think Metal Gear Solid would be a fine addition. But I actually remember reading somewhere, that to promote Metal Gear Solid 3, Konami had made Metal Gear Solid free for download on their site or on gamespot or somewhere. No, it wasn't Underdogs. I'm pretty sure Underdogs read this too, and put the game up on its site.
Metal Gear Solid is not abandoned.

A) Konami never released it as freeware. I don't know where you heard it, but you (or the place you heard it from) are mistaken.
B) The Playstation version is widely available, giving the PC version (which actually includes new features that the PSX version lacks) could hurt sales.

Plus, even if it was, this site could never put up a game so huge without cutting a bunch of it out.

If you want to play it either get it from HUTU (and do without whatever they had to take out of the game ) or buy it. I've seen the PC version in stores many times (in fact I picked it up myself for about $10 a few months ago). And if you have a PSX or a Game cube...well it's certainly very easy to find on those two systems.

Edit: If there is a smilie in this post, I didn't put it there, and frankly have no idea how to get rid of it (computer illiterate).

Another Edit: I think I figured it out, I tried to type "B)" and for whatever reason, the boards replaced it with that little dude.

Last Edit: Fixed.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush