View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
qtulu

Default Sound Race (platformer, possible shareware/promotional game)

Hi there, wonderful forum section you got here, a great thing indeed.
I'm looking for an old DOS platformer. I remember it as Sound Race but I've been unable to find anything by that name and I've been looking for years now. So here goes:

- Played it early to mid 90s on a 486 or possibly a Pentium I (the former is more likely as it worked somewhat slowed down but this just might be due to poor game design/programming)

- As I remember it, the game was in a pack of BASF floppies and for some reason I remember it as a possible shareware/promotional BASF game. Also possibly in German but that might be a stretch.

- It was a simple sidescrolling platformer (left to right), playing a little human character (can't remember specifics, kind of a Dangerous Dave character) and your goal is to collect floppies, CDs, maybe records and musical notes for points. Don't remember any enemies.

- The graphics were very poor but certainly 256 VGA. I remember the background was consisted only of ciruclar gradients (blue as I remember it but possibly changing palettes). It's actually very reminiscent of games made by John Paul D'India ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axs_bc427IE ) but again, I didn't manage to find this game in any of them.

- Don't really remember the sound, quite possibly PC speaker.

I don't remember it as a good game or anything like that, but it was quite a long time ago and I've begun to think I might've made it up. I'd like to find it if possible, for nostalgic and collection reasons. Thanks!
qtulu is offline                         Send a private message to qtulu