View Single Post
Old 19-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #32
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@Apr 18 2006, 03:17 PM
you don't seem to have any clue about this site either. We have Heroes 1 for download cause it's abandoned, not because this is a "abandon-warez" site.
Actually I've been visiting & downloading here for years hence why I posted the thread here.

Heroes 1-4 are not abandoned, they simply belong to someone else now, & I believe I've seen talk on Celestial Heavens that Ubisoft are selling copies of Heroes 1-4 with some of their Heroes 5 packages.

Heh this most certainly IS an "abandon-warez" site (& I'll point out that I personally have no problem with this BTW).

From the Abandonia FAQ:

Q: What is Abandonware? Is it legal?
A: Wikipedia: "Abandonware is computer software which is no longer being sold or supported by its copyright holder. Alternately, the term is also used for software which is still available, but on which further support and development has been deliberately discontinued." Since the software is no longer sold or supported, the copyright holders are not directly harmed in any way. This is why abandonware sites are, for the most part, ignored by the law. The distribution of copyrighted software however is, and will allways be, illegal!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00