View Single Post
Old 31-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #7
Charmed
Forum hobbit

Well if I didn't know we are two different guys I would swear you were me. I have the same games and for most I have too yet to finish them.

I would like to know your opinions regarding Thief 1 and 2. I have yet to finish these, so before I answer your side, you tell me, is it worth going over these two games and if so should I skip 1 and just play 2, or is it worth it playing 1 and then 2?

With regards to Omnikron, yes play it when you can, but only after you play Deus Ex.

Put it this way, I just recently, a couple or just over, months ago played Deus Ex and finsihed it. Before this I had some idea about the game and thought it was decent and never really understood why some people regarded it as their greatest game ever created.

I, now in the year 2005, 5 years after the game was released about, consider this to be the "GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED." It is a lot to claim one game to be the greastest spanning over different genres, but I must honestly grant that title to Deus Ex. I cannot comment on Deus Ex 2 I have yet to play that, but from what I have heard Deus Ex 2 isnt as good as the first one.

I can now say if I was only to have ever played one single game in my life, I would have chosen it to be Deus Ex - it really is that good. It is not the graphics or the sound or the music (which btw imo is the best damn music I have ever heard in a game) it is every part of the game combined that makes it a one in a million type of game.

The fact that you choose how to play the game with either the skills you choose or the different routes or puzzle solutions you take and that it has an amazing storyline that never once gets boring is what makes this game stand out.

I can honestly say I have never in my life played a game as many straight hours in a sitting as I did with Deus Ex (excluding multiplayer games for obvious reasons). I recall on one day I played it from morning to morning (I hardly took any breaks that day) I have never done that with a single play game before.

If this has not convinced you to play it - how about this. Take the one thing in your life that you could not have lived without experiencing at least once and now equate that to the gaming world.

For the best experience keep the room dark and quite and turn the sound up - dont let anyone destory this experience.

What a game, oh what a game...
Charmed is offline                         Send a private message to Charmed