View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I agree with the posts above that explain the current lethargic state of Abandonia.

In short, I think the current state of Abandonia would be due to several factors below:

• Several unfixed bugs that stopped various activities - we could attribute to the inactivity of members due to Abovo’s lack of interest in fixing old bugs;
• Lack of interest of new members to replace missing inactive members;
• Abandonware is no longer a hot topic as it has been with others such as Bishoujo Games, Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, etc. Of course there are still people interested in them, but their “marketshare” has shrunk a lot... *shrug*

Also, I think it is better for the Forum to be less active, but with pertinent posts than some crazy spammer troll posting regularly rude and nasty personal remarks. After all, better alone than in bad company!

Ummm... By the way, to the great relief of the Moderators and Users, I am less active lately... *phew* *whew* I firmly believe their precious ears (Grand Emperor Japodeis , WebSpace God of Hollande *bzzz* *beep* , Grandmaster Spectreman *checkmate!*, Capotain *salute*, Paco , Chair-man Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! Cyber-Bonk , Golden angry axe , MiLady of the Rings , Iron Lady , Miss Lulu_Jane Marple , £₤!@ηƐ ∫αŋƸ ωαƗ$фȠ , etc.) stopped itching and getting red...

Vice-Chair-man Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! Poke-man’s Bonk! Bonk! Language Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Um, I am always over-optimistic, and always give second chances, until I have any hope in it. So while site is still alive, it's hope!

Yes, yes, I know. :|
I appreciate that optimism, and I try to be that way too!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo View Post

Users can't submit reviews because the system is broken... at least, I can't submit reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo View Post

I was referring to the review form at the bottom of the pages. Trying to submit reviews as a user review doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post

I had no idea. It used to work, although not many people used it. On the other hand it used to be attacked by spammers, so I wonder if Abovo blocked it to prevent them.

As Spectre says, you can always review a game or request that's not yet on site...
I think it was a correct decision, because if you want to comment something about the game, just post your comment or text in the Forum. In addition to making life easier for Moderators...

Last edited by Mystvan; 08-12-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan