View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
To be able to make a new Archive entry would require me to understand what is being said here. Which, at the moment and with my limited time, is not the case.

However, creating a new Archive entry is simple: simply move the appropriate post to add to the archive with an appropriate thread name, close it and voila.
The synopsis of the issue:

DOSBox -.074 issue - When Using '[dosbox] machine=vgaonly' as a configuration line, screen captures and AVI recordings will automatically scale to 640x400 with 24 bit color, instead of an expected 320x200 with 8 bit color.

This is problematic when trying to create a more compact AVI recording.

For screen captures, resizing of each capture is necessary to maintain its original resolution*. It is also no longer possible to have an indexed 256 color palette associated with each corresponding capture.

*Original resolution may vary from game to game, but the designated game resolution is unable to be determined with certainty when using 'vgaonly'.

-----------------End of proposed Archive entry-----------------
That should be about all, unless someone else would like to add something. The next question is how do you properly name the thread? I had trouble finding information related to this because it is like trying to find a word in the dictionary that you don't know how to spell the word. Examples: euphemism, xylophone, honorable.

Does that make sense? You know what to look for when you know what the problem is, but how do you search for the problem? I thought it may have been one of the following configuration lines: scaler=, fullresolution=, windowresolution=, so those were topics I was searching for. The real problem that ended up being vgaonly, was discovered by trial and error; a long and frustrating process.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid