View Single Post
Old 26-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #219
stavstav2
Question Invincible winged gargoyles and other irregularities

I am a huge fan of this game, I played it back in 1991 or something and never finished it. I am replaying it now in DosBox.

Well I have done many searches but I cannot find the answers to these questions...

Well when you go to a shrine, winged gargoyles will appear, many times more than one. Up until you kill one, they can be hit and damaged. But... after you kill one, the second and third ones become practically unhittable and invincible. This means certain death for you and your party since you cannot run from them.

One time I even got in a skiff and it followed me out over the ocean and killed everyone.

Now I do not remember them being invincible or being able to walk on the ocean but I cannot remember very well my childhood from 1991.

I have a feeling this is not a bug and is meant to keep you away from the shrines until you have aquired spells such as death etc. that you can cast on them?

I appreciate any info on this from someone who knows. Since I am running DosBox and do not have an old 386 to verify is this is correct game behaviour or not. Thanks!