View Single Post
Old 16-04-2006, 04:48 AM   #25
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You get things completely wrong Anubis, and this is the real problem. You seems to think the Admins are actually those who make decisions, but the real fact is that they are, and we Mods too, only Kosta's flag bearers. The real person who get the real decisions, in the end, is always Kosta.

You wonder how I ever got Mod of the troubleshooting section in the first place? By helping out in a time the troubleshooting section was more or less in a free for all state and getting noticed by Kosta himself. Do yourself a favor, and click on my name above my avatar then look at the part where it say "most active in". You'll notice my most active forum is Troubleshooting, for a very good reason. And even if right now it's only about 1/4 of all the posts that I do which end up there, in my early months here it was way higher than that. And I always been pretty proud of that.

So, it is Kosta himself who approached me, asking if I were interested in becoming the Mod of the Troubleshooting forum and I accepted. Then, by developping my own Mod powers and understanding over them, I slowly began to work on the Troubleshooting forum. I cleaned it, removed all the unnecessary pinned topics and asked Kosta if we could make the Troubleshooting Archive to place them there, and it's how that subsection been created. And, BTW, I would never have got that idea if it wasn't of Niles PDA subforum you just decided to bash down without a real good reason. If you dig deep enough, I'm sure you'll end up realising that Niles never did it without Kosta permission, and that he would be willing at any time to remove that subsection if Kosta decided it wasn't usefull or necessary for the board anymore.

All this to say that we are all shooting blind in the water with such a "stupid" discussion. You guys want to create a multi language forum? Fine by me. Ask Kosta and if he says yes, go for it. But if he says so, then just drop it or try to do it yourself without Kosta blessing.

And I shall end this post by saying this: anybody who might have a problem with me are welcome to PM me to talk about it. Otherwise, I'll just take for granted everyone is perfectly fine with me and my way of doing things. All I ask for as the Mod of the Troubleshooting forum is to follow the general rules of the board and my own custom rules for that particular forum so everything runs fine. I know it's specially hard for newbies to do that since they never read the stickies... But then again I'm way more easy on newbies for that particular reason. After all, we all been newbies here at one time.