View Single Post
Old 23-12-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
Jessup

Hi Mystvan,

Yes, you are correct about how games these days are all about the graphics and pretty packaging so often. Games like Red Dead Redemption 2 are quite impressive and I don't want to take anything away from them but the actual gameplay is sporadic. I suppose these days games with an in depth story and cinematic qualities are all the rave but there is something to be said about the pureness of older games.

Continuum is in my opinion as pure a mmo as you can get. Straight up player vs player gaming. When you add multiple ships and make teams it creates amazing dynamics too with lots of strategy and skill required.

It is so basic.. just the old DOOM style controls with arrows and using shift to achieve "thrust" to go faster. I always describe it to people as Asteroids but where you kill each other instead of rocks heheh.

I just love the older games as there really is nothing hidden in the experience. Simple, straight forward player vs player gaming at its finest. Subspace/Continuum is definitely one of these. 2d top down pure mmo competitive game play. We have eliminations and squad duels and sporting events like hockey in space ships. Mario player vs player and other fun variants too such as Bugs vs Humans (basically game of tag by being killed) The basing is great too. Capture the flag team events based on time. 1st team to hold flag for set time frame wins. 8 ships to use and balance each with their strong suits. Anyways .. thx for replying. I hope some of you all here decide to check it out. Happy to help anyone who needs it if they are interested. Happy holidays!
Jessup is offline                         Send a private message to Jessup