View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #15
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Dear Captien Bible. In my humble opinion, I do not believe the problem is in the format of the disc image and / or corrupted file of the game. From my experience, I believe the problem is the incompatibility of the game with the Operational System.

Thus, no matter what the format, the game will never be installed and / or run on the Operating System. Just as you will never be able to install The Witcher on Windows 95.

Just as you use DOSBox as an emulator to play old games, you need to use Virtual Machine to install old Operating Systems (VM compatible) to run old Windows games.

The examples:

When I tried to run the Wing Commander: Privateer game on Windows 98 SE, the Operating System rebooted abruptly;

• I could not install the Largo Winch on Windows 7, but I was able to install it on Windows XP (using dual-boot);

• I could not install the Final Fantasy VIII game on Windows 7, but I will probably be able to install it on Windows XP (using dual-boot);

• My brother could not install Drakensang on Windows 8.1, but I was able to install it on Windows 7.

Maybe I am wrong, but at least my method worked for me.
Dear Mystvan,

That could be the case. If it does not work in DOSBox then it might work in one of the other different operating systems like you suggested. The question is what is that other system: DOSBox/MSDOS is ruled out. So there is left: Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. Then again maybe it is for Mac or even Linux or something else. Did I miss anything?

I think you have the right answer Mystvan. For instance I work primarily in DOS while my sister was trained professionally in Windows.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen