Thread: GeForce FX 5200
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
The new version I want to install is 175.16 and what I currently use (and which works great except for this game) is the version 6.14.11.6371 dated from 2007-09-17.

So I was wondering if any of you guys knows of a better way to update my drivers so it would actually work with all or most games.

Any help would be appreciated.

-EoF
As much as I understand you used even an older driver before than that one from 2007. If I was you, I would be still using that original driver, or at best that from 2007 since support for a bit more "exotic" GForce FX cards like 5200 and 5700 (the latter I use) was dropped few years ago already as much as I know.
The new drivers wouldn't support that old card and actually will only worsen the troubles because compatibility for old games goes steadily backwards with each new version out. Besides, it's mostly bullshit that using the newest drivers is the best thing. That only is true for newest, up-to-date cards and games, and more like the opposite for old cards and old games. Unless, of course, you want also to play new(est) games with that card, but that's everything but recommendable.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty