View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
tytbone

Wink Abandonia and GOG? Has this been done to death?

I don't know how much times have changed, but when I first started visiting GOG about a year ago, there was the occasional reference to how people, like some of those on Abandonia, were frustrated by how GOG was charging money for games that were free here. I don't know if you guys are more tolerant to us guys now, or it was never that bad, or what, but I'm curious.

Personally, I think while what you guys do is rather legally iffy, it's a fantastic service for those who don't want to see neglected games die out entirely. (I've tried a few games from here, and got Jazz Jackrabbit a few months back.) However, I quite like what GOG is doing (aside from some mediocre indie releases), as in my opinion they bring some forgotten classics "back out into the open," usually doing a good job making them compatible with new systems, and adding value to the games by including bonus material (I'm always hounding them for more soundtracks). Adding extra value (bonus stuff and compatibility mainly) to what could easily be pirated or acquired from here is important to me. So, truthfully, I'd like to see some of these games appear on GOG if they have "extra value" to them. (Like the inclusion of the Jazz 2 soundtrack with a Jazz 2 release)

Just my (probably unnecessary) two cents. I have no sway on the GOG forums, I'm not a mod or anything, but I do like the site, and figured I'd test the waters to see if amends could be or even needed to be made. Peace.
tytbone is offline                         Send a private message to tytbone