View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #56
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile Some Additional Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Now. I will stop messing around. Sorry. I guess I went too far.

Dear yoga, I am sorry to inform you a bad news.

Please take a good look at the opinions of users on Amazon and read very carefully.

A user said “I’m now up to version 12.x. I got away from the “pro” version to the regular System mechanic because they stopped using Kaspersky antivirus.”

I do not know which antivirus technology the company iolo uses, whether it is third-party or proprietary. Remembering that awesome firewalls such as Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro (defunct ) and Comodo have average or worse AVs. Then what about iolo???

I know that someone may question results and performance tested by certain organizations, but this is better than nothing. You can check, know and learn more about AV from the links below:

AV-Comparatives: “Austr(al)ian independent organization that tests and assesses antivirus software, regularly releasing charts and reports that are freely available to the public and the media.”

AV-TEST: “German/Herman/Sherman independent organization which evaluates and rates antivirus and security suite software for Microsoft Windows and Android operating systems, according to a variety of criteria. Every other month, the researchers publish the results of their testing, where they list which products they awarded their certification.”
I forgot to mention some tips:

AV-Comparatives:

There are some nice, useful, important and interesting info on these links below:

IT Security Tips;

List of AV Vendors (PC);

List of Mobile Security Vendors - 01) AV-Comparatives classified Line (subsidiary of the Naver) as Japanese. Wrong. Line is South Korean. 02) AV-Comparatives classified Trend Micro as Japanese. Wrong. Trend Micro is Taiwanese-American. Now, they correct their previous error about Trend Micro, but they still labeled Line as Japanese ;

Approved Windows 10 Security Products.

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-03-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan