View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I see two critical problems with your statement. First, as far as I know SimTower was released for Windows and was never released for DOS. This of course mean that DOSBox is useless for you since it emulate DOS only.

Second, I checked on Wikipedia and the original game was released for Windows 3.11 (as I thought). This mean that if you have a 64 bits version of your OS then you simply won't be able to run this 16 bit game. At all. If you have a 32 bits version then simply try to run the game on XP compatibility settings and it should work fine, in theory.

There is supposedly some workarounds to be able to run 16 bits programs on a 64 bits OS... They are however very complicated, especially for a computer illiterate person.

The easiest way to run this game if you have a 64 bits version is to find a copy of Windows 3.11 and run it under DOSBox. Then run SimTower in Windows 3.11 once you get it running in DOSBox.