Thread: DKW's old games
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I saw you uploaded Pacific General on the FTP. I thought Chris already explained this to you, but because we aren't the richest site on Earth we can't afford uploading on the site games larger than 150 MB. Alternatively, to give users the possibility to also play the large games, we have a forum section called ISO Cellar, which you'll have access to after being more active on the forums. In this section members share their games through links to a file-sharing service, like 4shared or megaupload, or whatever, where they uploaded the respective games.

So we now have a delicate situation. You uploaded a 400 MB game on FTP and written a review, but we can't upload it on site. For now, we'll transfer the game on a file-sharing service and we'll make it available in the ISO Cellar. We'll try to figure what to do with the review, but it remains solely on FTP at the moment, till the time when we'll have the opportunity to put it on site.

Now for the other games you offered. If the game has less than 150 MB, upload it on FTP. If it has more than 150 MB, upload it on a file-sharing site (4share, megaupload, rapidshare etc) and send the link through PM, either to me, Paco or Lulu_Jane. Later, when you'll have acces to this forum section, you'll post the links directly there, in a thread called "Requests". You'll see...

Steel Panthers II: Modern Battles [APPROVED]
Steel Panthers III: Brigade Commander [APPROVED]
Eagle Eye Mysteries [APPROVED]
War Wind [APPROVED]
Star Wars: Dark Forces [REJECTED] We don't accept games from evil corporations like LucasArts and Bethesda (there are 4 companies in total) because of their aggressive protection policies.

Thank you for your contributions.