View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #16

I changed the attributes/skills, but I still couldn't save my game. So I just kept it open by minimizing the DOSBOX when not playing. And since I couldn't save the game, I can't upload the game file. Sorry-

This all being said, the game still managed to screw me. I discovered two problems that make saving often REALLY important:
1) When I tried to STEAL in town but failed, I was prohibited from entering ANY building in EVERY town, not just that one. I saw no way to be "forgiven" for my attempted crime.
2) In 3-D dungeons, you can get into fights where the monsters are behind walls that you can't get past. Sometimes you are also stuck inside a space from which you cannot flee. Thus, the only way to end combat is to surrender, which kills everyone, because the monsters will not always flee themselves.
This is especially a problem when SECRET DOORS are involved, since they show up in the 3-D screen as walls and cannot be walked through. So my super-character game actually finally ended when my guys got stuck in an inescapable room and combat couldn't end.

Let's hope the crackers can do something with that checksum.