Thread: Forum Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #77
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ May 30 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]233183[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ May 29 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]233036[/snapback]
Quote:
h?m... are the attachments working?

I'm asking this because I tried to attach a file at the translator's forum and got a message saying:
"The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

And the most bizarre is that I was trying to edit one of my posts where I keep an attached file with the current progress of the Portuguese translation and under it says "You have used 171.84k of attachment space for this post. You have -4057560bytes left for this post."
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kosta @ May 29 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]233051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There, try now....
[/b]
Still doesn't work
(this is the post were I was trying to attach my file - only visible to "translators" :bleh: )
[/b][/quote]
AHAH... Now I get it... this new "forum" sums the length of all the attachments in all my posts - and apparently I have around 4 MB of attached files in all of them - and it only allows me to have 200 kB for the entire forum... so I'm almost 4MB over my "attachment quote"... Isn't it possible to increase this number a little bit? I understand I should erase most of the "junk" (if each one of the 7000 members had 4 MB of attachments on their posts, there would be around 28GB of "stuff" in the server that hosts the forum), but I think 200 kB is a little bit to small... :blink:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek