View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
taikara
Abandonia Homie

This topic is going to be a bit mushy, but seeing someone else post a similar request, I feel it's not so bad to ask... Also, I think part of the reason has to do with my love of gaming, so here goes...

I've recently been dumped by a guy I was in a relationship for over a year.

Don't feel bad for me, I'm doing the best I can to keep busy.

I feel I was very supportive, he didn't have a job for most of the time we were together, and I paid the bills and everything, and I encouraged him to find something to do that he liked to do. He kept trying, but it never worked out.

He says I was too critical, and drove him crazy, but I would only say things like, "You should call the client and let them know that you won't be able to work on his project today, or he's going to be mad." When the aforementioned client got mad because he didn't call, and discontinued using my BF's services, I wouldn't say much but, "Well, next time, try harder."

He would get mad at me for gaming in my free time, saying I didn't pay enough attention to him, but if I tried to include him by getting him to play, he'd get mad because I was better than him, and I told him it's only because I've been playing games since I was about six.

I like to talk about things and work things out when they're bad, instead of yelling or getting too mad about it, but I think maybe I talk too much, because he got mad at me for that, too.

So this place is mostly male-oriented, and I was wondering, from the male perspective:

What do guys want in a relationship?

I don't understand. I try to be nice and understanding, but it never works. I obviously just don't understand. Maybe you can help me get better.

I think I'm going to be the weird old lady with a thousand cats.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara