View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There is one slight difference: Vista have nothing, and I mean absolutly nothing, do add to the functions of XP... At least when you made the switch from 98SE to XP, you realised immediatly that the core of XP was extremely well done in comparison. No more crashes after a few hours, no more blue screen of death every day, no more loss of control when a program goes awry, compatibility with new hardware is so easy you simply need to plug an USB device and 90% of the time it works without external program to run it, etc.

What's the improvement from Vista to XP? We all heard of the propaganda about the next version about big brother watching you to prevent hacking and pirating, abusing your privacy even if you don't do it anyways? New kind of graphics which take thrice the amount of power so you need a beast to run it with the new themes? Extremely few games which jumped OS and can only be run on Vista with DirectX (like the, oh!, so much prised Halo 3 which is said to be way better on console than on PC)...

Oh yeah, get me in already! The incentives are too much! I must jump in my car and go buy it right away!

... Not.