View Single Post
Old 16-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #10
Anonymous

Firstly, I have to apologize because of my poor English, but I must say some word about this game.

I haven't played it for a lot of years now, but I remember that this was one of my favourite games. Somebody asked about in which difficulty level we play? In the beginning I played in the easiest of course, but later I tried the hardest and with my lot of experiences it wasn't really hard. Maybe it was beacause of the fact that in the original game (without any patch) there aren't difficulty levels, because all are the same.

My most frequent eguipments were laser rifle and medi-kit. After I developed psi-laboratory, I always brought some tools for psionic attack (I don't remember its name). Is used granade or other alien techs relative rarely.

The best armour is also very important for every squad-member, it can save their life in many situations! Usually I sent 8 XCOM-soldiers to every battle (except terrorized cities, where I sent 10 or 12 men). At the place my ship landed, I made 4 groups with 2-2 members - if it was possible, one experienced officer and one rookie or less experienced soldier - and with these mini-groups I tried to go far away from all the other groups as soon as possible - because of the alien grenades. Then the very important thing is to hide your soldiers at the end of all turn, because even a tree can save them against enemy shots. When one of my soldiers being controlled by aliens, I tried to hide my other teammembers from him/her - not to shoot him/her! After some time usually the enemy lost the control above him/her, at this moment I thrown all his/her weapons, from that time this soldier wasn't dangerous. Then I tried to go with this teammember back to the ship, where the aliens can't get the control above him/her.

Researching is very important thing, you never can't buy enough scientist. After succesful battles you can sell a lot of things you don't need, so you have money to buy important things (scientists and tech advances).

I hope I could help for the guys who needed it.

Bye and have a good time playing UFO!