View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
MrCup
Lurker

I too still have my original box for this one. It was AMAZING for its day. I has the full working cockpit instrumentation for the B17, it takes up 4? i think screens. Oil preasures and temps for all 4 engines everything. Giving you crew first aid to get them back on the guns or swaping their stations around if they get badly wounded. And yet it's not that complex to play.

If you can't take off just go to the pilot station start the 4 engines (numbers 1,2,3,4 from memory) and then switch to another another station and the AI will taxi out and take off. You can let it fly to the target and home too if you want. With easy langings turned on you can nose dive in to the field and it counts as a good landing.

If you crash over occupied land there is a 50/50 chance of being caught by the germans (and ending the game) so if your going down try to get to water as ditching in the sea will get you picked up by a friendly ship every time. Even one of the blue lines that represent a river will do.

I can still remember several times I limped my plane home on one (overheating) engine and belly landing in a field.
MrCup is offline                         Send a private message to MrCup