View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #449
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Zelda 2

Now THIS game is horseshit.

1) The backstory in the manual says Link is now 16. the ingame text says 16 years of peace passed (since the 1st game).
2) The manual says every town teaches at least 1 magic. Gives a map with 2 towns. 2nd town has no teacher at all, including swordmasters.
3) Why rename ruppies to "point"/"exp"? They have the same function,and not all enemies, especialy not the bigger ones give you this resource.
4) making it easy to perish, and those times taking away all ruppies? That's horseshit. Also, some enemy takes away your ruppies - sorry: give negative exp (when you get hit)! Just fok off, game.

I'll use premade maps for this reason.
5) "no enemy enemy encounter". Now that's horseshit. Also, what's with the flying fireballs/turds?
6) WHAT ARE THE CONTROLS?
7) "some npcs invite you in their house". Ye, if you can figure out the constantly moving clones, some do. The door is not left open though, and you have like 1 second to enter!
8) only I'm bothered by you can't check your adventure sheet?

9) those side-quests are bullshit, starting with the "find the mirror" one. Later dungeons will be horseshit too: passable walls, and all kinds of similar Sierra-puzzles. Also, citizens in town randomly turning to monsters? Bullshit.
10) the magic-system is horseshit too. The need select every time before casting, and that the playing-screen don't give you how much MP you have, only that mana-line...
11) the first boss... I was always weak in fighting-games, and that part is like that, without the bullshit "smash button rapid attack" street fighter 2 move.
12) the townfolk's "cryptic messages" are just boring.

+1) I have a question for the end: now, that Original Zelda is awakened, what'll happen to Current Zelda? Or Hyrule? Or a this?