View Single Post
Old 16-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #31
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Now see the first playthrough by yourself you do end up overpowered...and there is a reason for that, the game is meant to be played with friends. Every player who joins your game makes the game harder, and the game even tells you that. The bosses the mooks all get harder, and the ammo stays the same. So while you might have way to much now, when 4 people are picking over it after a big boss fight the game is a lot harder. Plus the first playthrough is rather easy, the second third fourth and fifth all get harder...and hey you stop leveling at 50 (or 60 I think with the DLC) you almost reach that level in the first playthrough. I have played the game on the "third" playthrough and got my but handed to me over and over.

The mistake here is pretty simple Borderlands is not a single player game, it can be played as such but is meant to be played MP. The game has it's faults don't get me wrong, but the fun that can be had with friends far outweighs them.
i don't know what are you talking about man, it was 4 of us playing the game (every class) and it was still a walk in a boring garden of eden for wussies. every quest->trivial, every boss->down in a few seconds. it got really boring eventually and we just stopped playing it. and played some icewind dale instead

i never played the game alone actually, but i imagine it must be even more terrible