View Single Post
Old 14-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gufetto View Post
Can someone, perhaps, take a few minutes to download this and give it a look?
Come on, seriously, 5 parts download via mediafire will take what .... 5 days ??? Don't push it will ya, provide some serious download from host with 1 link and maybe , and that's a big maybe I'll take a look.
That game isn't really appealing

But already have a good idea what's going on: Win7 64, if the game installs in /prog files (x86)/, now those are protected in win7 64, try to install in something as /users/your name/mace/ or something, if you have a D partition even better, try on D partition.
If fails, now it's probably that '64' that is to blame and you're screwed indeed.
VPC2007 it will be.

One last remark, I wouldn't be so eager to try to install all kind of old apps and obsolete sysfiles on my new PC.
VPC2007 is more secure.

[Edit]
Just thought about the fact you prob don't know but in Win 64 16b softs won't work.
As the game is I think W9X installer is most likely 16b or has partial 16b code sections.
Happens more with W9X softs.
Some -(in fact plenty)- even had dos based code somewhere, devs laziness you could say.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 14-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider