View Single Post
Old 19-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Giga

One of my favorite oldies, X-COM! I found it yesterday and rushed to download it, first downloaded XP versions (windows, that is), and it always crashed when going to missions. Then I downloaded DOSBox and the DOS version of X-COM, I did some tweaks following abandonia's guide, and voila! The game works! But, biggy biggy, no sound and music at all!! Well, the music and sound are quite relaxing and "exciting" (:P) to hear, and sound is really usefull for knowing certain enemy locations and so on... steps etc... so well, I've tried many of the differente setup combinations X-COM comes with, come the IQ and all that stuff is kind of unknown too me, although I know a "bit" of computers I don't scram with sound boards LOL.

Either way here's the thing:

I got onboard sound; it's on my motherboard.

So, on the setup, I suppose SOME settings should eventually work! But the possible combinations are hundreds if just so...

The options are the following: (sound board selection)

SoundBlaster
SoundBlaster Pro
SoundBlaster 16
UltraSound
ProAudioSpectrum
ProAudioSpectrum 16
and No sound (duh :P)

Then, most of them have sub-options:
Base port, IRQ, DMA and some audio channels.

Then on to the music board;

AdLib/SoundBlaster FM
SoundBlaster AWE 32
Ultrasound
General Midi (I think this's the one choice to take, the drivers I use are windows generic which I downloaded; Via AC'97)
and RolandLapc-1/MT32

Well that's about it, I would appreciate ANY hints or tries to help me, I really wanted to have sound....