Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

The FIRST draft.

ABANDONIA - The Game

Idea:

NOTE: To make the plot as "real" as possible, I will play it like a RPG with the persons involved - with me as the Game Master. Those familiar with pen & paper RPG should understand what I am saying. Also... we should make the game Multiple Choice. Sort of like this:
Kosta and Titan has been added to the crew. Who would you try to locate next?
- FreeFreddy
- WendyMaree
- Tom Henrik
- Puffin
-....etc....

Congratulations! You have unlocked a new game! What do you want to do?
- Examine the game.(Only Kosta can do this. Find out the status of the game. The better result - the more info)
- Enter game immediately. (Wth the same team. HQ will be the Abandonia Forum, and characters not used will be here).
- Set up new party. (Go to HQ)

Intro:

A disaster strikes at the server where Abandonia is located!
(Could be a meteor down-fall, an Indian hacker working for HOTU, a cargo of radioactive waste somehow gets into the server warping it... etc.)

The effect is that Abandonia.com becomes warped in between time, space and reality. This again sucks all the members into the site (Yes, they get physically transported THROUGH their screens and into the site itself. We have seen this before, it is an old DOS games fact. People CAN be sucked into their screens). Only a few, brave (or lucky) men and women have the skills and experience to free themselves and the rest of the members. (These are from now on called The Heroes...)

Plot:

The plot is simple, and can be made as long as we want it. The Heroes will have to battle through all (yes, ALL) the games on the site in order to locate the members that are scattered around each game.

NOTE: Let me now make it clear that ALL the games will only include those games that we can actually re-create. With this I mean that we should make all games anew using engines, free game programs and such. More about this later.

Style:

The style of the game should be RPG. (Think Final Fantasy). You start with a little group, and this group gets bigger and bigger. Not all members will be a PC, most of our 800 members are NPC's (i.e. they get discovered, and disappears). This is the group I can think of as PC's:

- Kosta (One of the first to appear)
- Titan (One of the first to appear)
- Data (The first to appear. With his great knowledge of old DOS games, he will be able to adapt the quickest. Being trapped in a DOS environvent is like sleeping to him, and his first priority is to locate Kosta and Titan. He would probably have access to a READ MEM gadget, that lets him go through the history of the program he is in at every time)

All the below characters are added when the player wants to. He / she will first have to find them, of course.
- The Picard
- FreeFreddy
- Puffin
- The_Void
- Maikel
- Tom Henrik
- Braindead
- WendyMaree (She will be great for adding a story into the game. As she has personality that shines through the forum. A MUST have PC!)
- Stroggy (Will be great as a counterweight to Wendy)
- Omuletzu

The game interface should change depending on the game they are in. So that they will actually walk through levels, map or chapters taken from the games on the site. They will of course meet the characters (and monsters) from these games. The player should be able to select which game he / she wants to enter. Using some kind of transport you can move from game to game. Completing a certain scene or game will unlock a new game. (If anyone has played Kingdom of Hearts, they will not what I mean). Also the player should have to choose a team from the character list (again think Final Fantasy). There should also be some sort of leveling involved. And of course items, weapons, armours and potions. (You don't want to enter Doom II without a gun...). The player should also be able to swap between teams. In effect sending 1 team to Leisure Suit Larry 5, and another team to Abuse. Each team should have a limit of three or four characters, so that not every PC is used at all times.

Ending:

The game should have several endings.
Here are a couple I can think of:
- The characters manages to fix the problem and the server will start to work like it should. Sending everyone out of the virtual world and into the real world.
- They fail in fixing the server, and gets trapped in the site for ever.
- They die.
- They adapt to the current setting. They do not try to fix anything, they just try to make the best out of what has happened.