View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #482
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate 1-2-ToB Poverty Run notes

Well, I pushed my Sorcerer/ess to Abazigail. Have no real interrest trying to push through the last couple of fights, I simply do not believe in this character, my joy gotkilled.

Also started a Monk. It was ok until the Save The Princes part I think, then realised,Sarevok will simply murder me unless I push the exp to lvl 20 to become immun to normal weapons. THEN I realised Monks can not pass Spellhold lacking ranged damage, thus I abandoned the character.

Then there's my latest Cleric/Thief. I don'trly mind the cleric part here, as I just pretend it is a Thief-kit. Either way prefer to call it Medic when I have to.
It lacks raw head-front power, but it's realy a new experience because of it. It lacks casting speed, so it falls back to the never-before used summoned gear (weapons, armor), summoned things (types I never used before as they are weaker than Planetar), and buffs. And Hidein Shadows/Sanctuary.
Yes, a lot of fights simply got skipped for lacking the power, or more often speed to deal with it. Fortunately solo characters are never short on exp.
I'd say, by the look of it, C/T is what's made for Poverty runs IF you consider Throne of Bhaal, and it is pretty solid for BG1 to. TheBG2part won't offer that much difference, might even be underwhelming for not being able to do the usual things, but for BG1 I recommend trying it for its uniqueness.
And wish me luck for ToB.