View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 08:05 AM   #407
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Get Medieval

They say this game is like "The Gauntlet", whatever that was, only better graphic, and a bare minimum story at last.

You can choose from 4 characters, each has 3 lives, or each player has 3 lives. I didn't investigated this.

Resources:
- gold seems to just keep score, but maybe there's some characterlevel? At least the game at times say "level".
- gold keys need for chests
- bronze and silver keys open doors
- HP is actualy a timer, and bumpin into monsters take away hugh chuncks of it, so try to avoid that (character speed helps)
- scrolls are a screen-kill-bomb (first symbol at the key-bar, some shiney arrow marks it)
- skeleton key is on timer, so first kill everything, onlypick it up then, after that run through everything to open all gates
- hearts in blue containers give 100 HP
- hearts in green ocntainers give ? HP
- hearts in red containers give the most HP (I think 500)
- the Mask of Evil makes monsters runaway. Ranged monsters do not attack. In melee distance still not good for your health.

stats:
- there's movement speed what is noticable
- weapon speed is even atbasic is very fast, so never mind that
- weapon strength is... I have no idea where it counts. Maybe on structures (monster generators)
- the maximum stats are 5 (attack, defense), and those are reached pretty early. Did not see walking speed upgrade

other noticables:
- gates which must be triggered from a distance probably open in skeleton key areas
- I found a hidden warp-spot on lvl 2's first skeleton-key room
- the barbarian is voiced by Arnold Schwarzenegger (no idea if this is licenced, or just put there)
- there is some vampire-looking thing (extra fast, black cloaked enemy). Must be killed ASAP, else it nulls your stats. This gets gamebreakingly annoying with all the other enemies and obstacles around.
- chests and stuff will be destroyed by shooting them, so be cautious

The game has fun, but 40 levels sound very very too much, at least judging from how hard it becomes in dungeon 8-9. There not just the enemies are hoarding, and most of them are ranged, but you'll also need to solve the levels by trial and error (what opoens which door, so you don't loose unnecessary HP), and those levels become HUGH, dungeon 9 even relying on teleports to make it bigger. I wonder what is an outro-cinematic, but I don't think I have it in me to beat this. Well, at least not on the basic difficult, what is Hard. But I bet that's requirement to unlock the über-difficulty. Why do I care though???

What? there isn't even an outro??

Last edited by twillight; 27-01-2019 at 10:31 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight