View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #20
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have never played an archer or mage character so I can't comment on that

the story is VERY big and VERY deep... the only problem is that you need to read the books the people shove into your hands.
the entire story of morrowind is actually brilliant since you are supposedly the reborns prophet and you need to help the 'good' guys defeat an age old 'badguy'
now when you read into the story you learn that there is some evidence the 'good' guys actually killed you in your past life and the 'bad' guy made an outh to your past self to protect an artefact, he wouldn't give it up to the so called good guys that killed you so they started a war against him using you (the reborn prophet) as a tool.
well thats the story in a nutshell... its quite confusing at times.

there are numerous ways to get around quickly (silt strider, boat, magic)
to key locations (less important lcoations are usually close to key locations)

it is true you can wonder into lcoations beyond your level, thats why it is advised to join a faction, they give you equiptment and quests that are fit for your level (and they also provide training in case you are not ready)

Many people complained about the journal system so it got a big overhaul in the expansion Tribunal.
in the case of weapons, fi you carry a hammer around with you theya re easily repaired.

now seriously, I am not talking about morrowind, i'm talking about arena
one is from 1994, the other one from 2002,... reallyg vie it a try
I've been playing it and (besides some tedious dungeons) its immense fun!
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy