View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 02:34 PM   #19
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I agree with everything you said about morrowind. But these were not things that I disliked about it. The combat was bad. I tried using the bow and it was completely useless. The mage gains experience far to slowly to be effective unless you take two hours of real time and start practicing. The story is all but non extistent. The world is so huge you can walk for hours on end and not be in the same place twice but the reason you would want to often escapese me. You can wonder into area's you are not supposed to be at your skill level and get cut to ribbons. You unlock quests that you cannot complete because you don't have theskills for it and once you do you have forgotten what it was you needed to do and are forced to go through pages and pages of notes in your journal that are not catagorized. Your armour and weapons degrade over time so you are forced to repair them or replace them. Realistic enough maybe but it'sa game! Where is the fun in that?
I liked Morrowind for a while but after my jaw had once again connected to the rest of my face I got frustrated and left the game. Once I have my new computer I would not be surprised if I started it up again to see what DX9 looks like but not before.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles