View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #23
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Nov 7 2005, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Nov 7 2005, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DonCorleone@Nov 7 2005, 05:36 PM
it doesnīt work on XP...
What do you mean?
It works on Win XP, but the animation at the opening doesn't. So after seeing the Capstone logo the screen will go blank (with possibly some red squares), but then the chess board will show up and you can play normally.

For learning I still think that Sierra Power chess was the best one (but as far as I know it wonly works on Win 9x systems). [/b][/quote]
I meant chessmaster8000. Bought it a few years ago and it ran fluently on win2k.

But XP refuses. The game freezes, databases arenīt loaded etc.

An I donīt wonīt learn chess from the scratch. That isnīt what Iīm talking about. I

doubt that someone in here knows all possible openings. And I even donīt mean the

basic openings. Thatīs wahat I meant about learning chess.

Every child - and Iīm far off being a child - knows how to handle the chessmen.

But Iīm still far away from saying I know how to play chess. I play too seldom I think.

And no, the chessmaster engine isnīt really better than fritzīs.

I once let my chess-computer ( nah, not a good one) battle against fritz and fritz won

in less than 20 turns ( donīt know the exact number right now. Might be much more

less).

So what do you think where grandmaster chess has to be placed?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone