View Single Post
Old 14-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
Nick02

Send a message via Yahoo to Nick02

Quote:
RetroLife? Swell! I was listening yesterday to that gramophone record with that chic 1930s starlet singing and...
Retrolife is only a working title. Nothing has been decided yet. So far, it's a good name. I may go with Retro Game Life (RGL) or something like that down the road.

Quote:
Only freeware and abandonware? So if I want to ramble about an old game that's still copyrighted as hell...? ...I'm out?
There are other gaming themed social networks out there. Why on earth would I create another one just like them? This social network would be based of AB and AR.. in other words, you could say the same about AB. "Why doesn't AB open up to all game types? Instead of just abandonware?" Your point makes no sense.

Quote:
I can never get that social networking trend. Forums are not enough? Stupid old phpBB gives me IM and email addy for every user below their avatar and there's personalized profile page too... please enlighten me as for the benefits of creating a new specialized social network, as opposed to existing forums or other widely used networks like Facebook or MySpace. And I don't want to hear just "FB is gay, let's make something like it but sans gayness".
Forums are good. But being able to post comments, videos, and other content is more modern. After all.. the social network INCLUDES a forum. As Arete stated before: "the thought of game pages you can 'like', links you can post to obscure abandonware titles, places for indie game developers to gather customers and followers. And above all, if someone is looking for a member for their team, they can just search for devs or graphic designers.".