Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #313
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Atheist here. Though I have no problems with people of any religion. However, I see some religions as more of a danger than others, in the sense of limiting people from thinking, in promoting aggression towards other religions, etc.

What I can't stand are:
1) People who abuse religion to obtain power
2) The self-righteous kind "my religion is better than yours, so I'll have to try and convert you". If you draw strength from your religion, that's great, that would for me be the best reason for some people to be religious. But for ...erhm, what name should I fill in here... anyone's sake, don't feel like you have to bring other people over to your beliefs.
3) Those who think religion and music are linked. In particular the people who think anyone listening to metal must be a satanist. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with those clowns. I only happen to be addicted to some types of metal. Besides, the people creating that music, range from atheists to deeply religous. That's of no importance. Religion should be something personal and private.

Anyway, live and let live

PS I like Monthy Python too