Thread: Dark Legions
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes Or Nay View Post
You see, I prefer games I can learn to play directly ingame either through playing the game itself or going on through a tutorial. I don't favour manuals (except somewhere where it is really needed, i.e. Realms of Arkania). Games are meant to be fun and entertainment and I don't see no fun in reading through manual pages and then applying the knowledge on the game, maybe only when I'm hopelessly stuck. And when I'm stuck at the very beginning of the game, then something's wrong.

I don't prefer steep learning curves, rather the straightforward ones, yet where the game does not lack in depth itself.
I played this game fine without a manual when I was only 14 and hardly understood English so it hardly has that steep a learning curve . You can even check all units in-game and see their stats if you really need them.

Also, even if you ignore the stats, it's still not that complex - the fun comes from experimenting and discovering the weaknesses and strengths of each unit on your own. With a game like this, it's unavoidable for it to require some work from your part otherwise the game would have to be a lot weaker and more shallow to work.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar