View Single Post
Old 13-04-2005, 05:47 AM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I think the older games are much more fun than the newer style games, even when I think back, I still remember playing my snes and genesis games, that was a classic time in the video game industry imo, games like the final fantasy series, the many new rpg's, some of the classic original fighting games, and so the list goes on. Even the older titles for the pc like the classic adventure games from Sierra and Lucasarts are still fun to play to this day, and hold a certain classic charm. Also developers were much more willing to try a new idea and take the chance.

Today it seems that graphics has won out, the next gen systems want to focus a lot on graphics it seems, when in fact story should be a key, the games that I play nowadays, you see very few that will have a lasting appeal like we used to be able to see alot of. With so much focusing on profit in the industry and essentially one wrong move can make or break a company, the freedom of developers is decreasing which is sad to see...

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude