View Single Post
Old 30-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #248
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrfrg View Post
I see on the internet people recommend bard, but I just tried it and I think it's a mistake to have a bard on the team; you can be without endless supply of sleep spells. The bard does not get good HP or AC and is a poor academic. Better would be a pure mage.
The later instruments help, though. I typically don't run a bard, but in final game of the series you could acquire one as an add-on to your party who was hilarious: a reptilian with the incredibly sugary voice of a Shirley Temple clone, married to a twisted blood lust. Heh.

Quote:
My other issue is the alchemist that people recommend. Sure it has some great spells, but in Wiz7 it should be more of an addition to the team than a substitute for a priest or mage. I tried a combination of (lord, monk, bard, samurai, alchemist, mage) and had often shortage of healing spell.
Agreed. Alchemists are great, because they can't be silenced: as long as they're conscious, they can use their magical abilities. But they're not a substitute for the basics.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin