View Single Post
Old 24-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burger Meister @ Jun 24 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]296094[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Don't you see those Games for Windows games, on how you need a Live! account to play.. well that's the same thing as an xbox live account, but its on pc (litteraly).
[/b]
Thanks for the pricing list.

Games for windows, however, is far from being any good. Have you seen the games that are available? None of the XBLArcade games, the only ones I feel are worth the service, are available for windows. And color me suprised if Bubba Gates doesn't insist on making all future Games for Windows games Vista only, that especally includes the coveted Arcade games.

XBLA may be a perfectly viable thing for the console community but us Windows gamers aren't accostomed to playing that way. I personally emulate the dickens. When I buy a game I buy the game on physical media at CompUSA. Microsquash's little leash doens't appeal to me.

The only similar service that had caught my eye is gametap. Now they do it right because they offer games I want to play, and offer them free for a limited time in rotation. Oh, I know that eventually I'm going to shell out a month's subscritption because I didn't finish Beyond Good and Evil before it went back into the gold service.

If Game for Windows offered the XBLA library compatable with XP I might consider signing up. Really, all I care about is getting the games I want to play without feeling like someone's standing over my shoulder with a ruler and a book saying "you can only play this game as long as you're paying me."
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst