View Single Post
Old 18-01-2007, 04:46 AM   #6
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

A general rule of thumb (for me anyways) would be if the things that you see, hear and the way that you interact with people has changed significantly recently, or are begining to bother you, then it's probably a good time to go and have a chat with your doctor.

As people have already said, everybody has a different definition of crazy. Therefore, you and those close to you are really the only people able to see if your behaviour has become "different." If those you are close to have started to comment on, or question your behaviour, then once again, it might be worth talking to your doctor.

Although that grey squishy brain thing is still much of a mystery to scientists and doctors today, mental health care is no longer stuck in medieval times. So if you're worried about something like this, you shouldn't be worried about getting it checked out.

By the by, did you know that just prior to World War 1 I could have been sent to an asylum permantently for the following reasons - I'm a single female who enjoys a drink every now and then who is also left handed. Although WW1 was utterly horrific, it gave the medical community much needed insight into the workings of the human mind and psyche via shellshock.