View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #504
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Depressed and sad. I don't know what i've done to upset Pandaaa. And i miss them both. I really wanted to see them when i did manage to go to london. I even wanted to bring them cake. I don't understand humans... Back to my kitty, she understands my motives. Probably try to eat me when i'm dead, but why would i care?

Feeling a bit better. And it's got nothing to do with the water, Scatty. I drink tap water, which is still treated properly, or so i hope. The problem with everything around here is lack of maintenance, though. And corruption. Mr Mandela started a school feeding scheme for the poorest of the poor after 1994, and it was robbed blind and defrauded constantly until its second collapse, when i think he closed it down. Our city is being stripped of all beauty and dignity while high-paid councillors come to blows in the town hall and service delivery falls by the wayside. I've never seen the place look so shitty. But we said it would happen. It's still sad, though.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete