Thread: Dungeon Hack
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
Emperor_Raam

@ Scatty

Except that the manual specifically names the spells which are supposed to be in the game.
Two 8th levels: Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Bigby's Clenched Fist
Four 9th levels: Energy Drain, Meteor Swarm, Power Word:Kill, Time Stop

By the actual rules a mage should have a LOT more spells to choose from I think.

It also describes how they work in the game.

It also shows a spell(slot) progression table for every spellcasting class. Mages should get their first 8th at lvl 16 and their first 9th at lvl 18. Which also means that I had at least 4 experience levels worth of time to find at least one 8th level scroll.

@Eagle of Fire

You are right, there is a slider for that. Mine was set at 20 which means that I fought the Elemental Lord(the huge colorful bird thingy) on the 20th dungeon level and the game ended when I killed it. My "Treasure Amount" slider was at 4 which is the default setting at medium difficulty.

I didn't notice that treasure scaled with your level. I got my first 7th level scroll Finger of Death under mage level 10( I couldn't even cast 5th level spells yet). I couldn't cast it but it let me scribe it into my book.

I also found a Ring of Sustenance(big help for non-clerics) and a Robe of the Archmagi all under level 10. If I got that many powerful items under "medium" setting I wonder what I'd get if I increased the Treasure Amount :/

As a level 20 mage however I faced a Spirit Naga boss on dungeon level 19 and it dropped Protection from Evil and Blur spells( same story with the niches on the wall for example) :/

Suggestions?